About a month back I read a post by one of my followers LOz’s Little Crochets asking if anybody could try crocheting for her, the cornflower motif of MND(charity for Motor Neuron Disease) .
Being one, who loves pampering her vanity and ego, I dint want to miss this 😉 It seemed so simple afterall. Seemed !! That is right. The truth is, it turned out to be the most difficult idea I could translate into crochet so far !!!
I googled, youtubed, read and scanned blogs, pictures and videos. I tried different techniques and made ten failed attempts. Now my ego was really getting bruised 😀 This was such a mirage. You were so close, yet so far from it. But I cracked it last week and came up with the motif below. This is as close to the picture I think I can ever get.
I will work up and post the pattern , if xloz68x is happy with this result. I am extremely happy even if it doesn’t serve the purpose, because, this is one of the most difficult patterns I have had to battle with and I have learnt a lot doing this 🙂 Don’t get me wrong. The pattern itself is a breeze and requires only beginners’ skills, but designing it was a challenge for me 😀